Get your paws involved with the stand up paddle boarding with your dog also known as SUP. Stand-up paddle boarding is an ever-growing sport so you might as well get your dog involved! How do you get started in SUP with your pup?
Join us at Dogstival's very own paddle sports pool, have a go and get tips from the expert team at The New Forest Paddle Sports Company They'll be on hand all weekend to tell you all about fun on the water and get your kit including Gul K9 lifejackets.
If you would like to PRE- BOOK A SESSION IN THE EVENT POOL on Sat 16th or Sun 17th May please CLICK HERE TO BOOK
- 10:30am - 11:am
- 11:15am - 11:45am
- 1pm - 1:30pm
- 1:45pm - 2:15pm
- 2:30pm - 3:00pm
- 3:15pm - 3:45pm
Sessions are 30 mins. A selection of wetsuits for dogs and hoomans will be available on the day or we would recommend just wearing clothing and footwear you are happy to get wet in. Changing facilities and showers are also available if required..
The New Forest Paddle Sports Co will be running a SHOW OFFER on Gul K9 lifejackets in sizes XXXS to 2XL (measurements based on dog chest size). Prices range from £30-£36. A 10% discount of the RRP's prices for pre-order and collection at the event
Here are some Top Tips from the team to get you and your four legged buddy started
- Choose a wide solid board so there is enough stability for you and your dog
- There is no guarantee of success as every dog reacts to water differently
- Make sure your dog does like water and should never be pressured into having a go if not comfortable
- Your dog responds to all your commands and is not easily distracted
- Be prepared to get wet!
- The session will involve you standing in the water for quite sometime getting your dog comfortable on a floating object and settled before you get on the board as well.
- It may take a while to get up and standing!
The New Forest is the perfect place to Paddle board and Kayak with its stunning coastline:you can take a lesson, hire equipment or embark on one of our unique experiences….Visit their friendly family-run business in Milford on Sea to book your session, chat about watersports or browse their lifestyle shop.